Servant Leader's Covenant
As a Ministry or Servant Leader in the Beulah Baptist Church, I covenant with the church to give my committed best to my position of leadership. I will strive faithfully to fulfill all the responsibilities of my position.
- Having received Jesus Christ as my personal Savior and now living in fellowship with Him, I do hereby pledge by the help of God to do my best to serve my Lord and my church with a pure heart by helping my Pastor and promoting the worship service. (2 Timothy 2:21)
- I am in accord with the doctrinal statement of my church and the teachings of my Pastor. (2 John 9-11, Jeremiah 3:15, Hebrews 13:7)
- I covenant to daily set aside time for fellowship with my Lord in Prayer and Bible Study. (John 8:31, John 15:7, I Thessalonians 5:17).
- I covenant to pray for my church, Pastor and family, and for the spiritual health of the church. (1 Timothy 2:1-4).
- I will faithfully attend and promote the services of our church. (Hebrew 10:25).
- The Word of God says to be his workman, I must study to show myself approved (2 Timothy 2:15). Therefore, I will faithfully attend a Sunday School Class, Prayer Meeting and Christian Education Classes.
- God's Word says, Obey them that have rule over you. (Hebrews 13:17). Therefore, I Covenant to walk in obedience and submission to my Pastor, or any person that is designated to be my leader. I will serve wherever my leader assigns me.
- I covenant not to allow my lifestyle to become a stumbling block to others. I will not involve myself with any kind of non-medicinal drugs nor will I be involved in any kind of activity that might injure me, any other person and the reputation of the church.
- I covenant to live a lifestyle that is not contrary to the Word of God. I covenant to never live with a person as married unless I am legally and biblically married to that person (Hebrews 13:4). I will seek to walk in the spirit and not in the works of the flesh: Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulation’s, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, envying, murder, drunkenness, reveling, and such like. (Galatians 5:19-21).
- I covenant to be obedient in my tithes and offerings as God requires in his Word. As a leader, I must align myself with the vision of giving that my Pastor has set forth for the church. (Malachi 3:10, Luke 6:38, Luke 12:34, Hebrews 7:6-10).
- I Covenant, to the best of my ability, to arrange my schedule so as to attend regularly scheduled meetings of my ministry assignments.
- I Covenant to be on time for all services, classes and meetings that require my presence unless hindered by reason of good conscience. I hereby understand that the preceding requirements that have been stated will be used as criteria for my evaluation for qualification to serve the next year. I am not in this position for selfish reasons, but to give service to the Lord. All that I do, I do heartily unto the Lord (Colossians 3:23-24). I hereby promise before God the Father, God the Son Jesus Christ, and God the Holy Ghost, my Pastor, and fellow servants to be a faithful and committed leader as God requires. (1 Corinthians 4:2, Luke 16:10-12, Matthew 25:23).
Please check one of the following statements, then sign and date.
___I am not able at this time to fulfill all of the responsibilities and obligations of this Covenant agreement. I surrender myself from this position so that the Pastor can appoint someone who can.
___I do accept the terms of this Covenant agreement and will to the best of my ability seek to fulfill all of its obligations. However, if for some reason I cannot fulfill any one of the responsibilities and obligations of this covenant, I will consult my Pastor with all honesty and surrender my position as a leader or officer of the church. I recognize that if I am not fulfilling the terms of this Covenant that I am disobeying the Word of God. ( Hebrews 13:17)